Wednesday, July 15, 2015

VOCABULARY : VOCABULARY IN CONVERSATION (RETURNS AND REFUNDS)

Returns and Refunds

Vocabulary in Conversation

All answers are correct! Well done.
Your score is 100%.
   carry      defect      exchange      irritating      model      policy      ship      store credit      to refund      warranty   
Debbie: Hello, I bought this laptop computer a little over a month ago, and I am having some difficulty with it.

Store Clerk: What seems to be the problem?

Debbie: The screen is flashing. It's really irritating. I would like to return it and get my money back.

Store Clerk: I'm sorry, our store has a very strict return policy. After more than a month, we are not able to refund your money.

Debbie: Well, I just bought it and it's already broken. I didn't do anything unusual to it - I didn't drop it or anything. I think it has some kind of manufacturing defect.

Store Clerk: Your computer has a one-year warranty. You could ship the computer back to the company, and they will replace it.

Debbie: Can't I just exchange the computer here?

Store Clerk: I am afraid that's not possible after a month.

Debbie: Can I please talk to the manager?

(A few minutes later...)

Manager: Hello, I hear your computer is having some problems and you would like to return it. I am afraid we can't return your money, and I would give you another one, but we no longer carry that model. We can, however, offer you a store credit. You can use it to buy another computer or anything else we carry here in the store.

Debbie: That would be fine. Thank you very much for your help.

Manager: No problem.
Source : http://www.englishpage.com/vocabulary/interactivelesson11a.htm

Related post :

VOCABULARY : RETURNS AND REFUNDS
VOCABULARY : VOCABULARY FOLLOW-UP (RETURNS AND REFUNDS)

No comments: